Sunday, April 8, 2007

Happy Easter!

Went to the church downtown where we went at Christmas. Parked right in front, but it was roped off, and there were no steps. Turns out they're doing some remodeling, so we had to drive around to the side. We don't go to church much. We picked that because it's downtown, it's old and it's pretty.

Well, because of the remodeling, services were in the multipurpose room.

The room was cinderblock with tile floors, so every "DA-DA" out of the baby's mouth just echoed. He lasted 10 minutes, then I took him out. I was going to take him to the car, but I'd left my keys in my coat pocket, which I'd left in the pew. So I'm carrying him, and my pants start to droop, and that's when I realized I'd forgotten to wear a belt.

So, we walk around the corner to Starbucks. It's packed. I get a coffee and get Junior a Odwalla fruit smoothie. I grab the only table, a four top. This family comes in and I can feel them glaring at me, because I was taking up an entire table, and there's four of them. Also, one of their daughters was on crutches. So, they find an empty chair nearby and pointedly ask whether I'm using the other chairs at my table.

Finally, we leave. Starbucks is smack across the street from the church, but I have to walk around the block to go in the side entrace.

I get in, give Junior to the wife -- just as they're finishing the last hymn. I missed the whole thing.

When we got outside, I asked our 7-year-old how she liked it. She goes, "It was kinda boring. All they did was talk about the Bible."

So, that's my Easter story.

No comments: